If you're looking for a new way to add vegetables to your child's diet, try adding veggies to their meals where they won't even notice! Shhh, we won't tell them they're eating spinach with their meatballs!
OPN Conversion: Makes 6 servings (about 4 meatballs) = 1 protein + 1 vegetable
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 ½ cups frozen spinach
- 1 large yellow squash, roughly chopped
- 2 medium sized carrots, roughly chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ cup panko bread crumb
- Combine vegetables, (spinach, yellow squash, carrots, and garlic) in food processor, chop until fine.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground turkey with all the vegetable mixture.
- Add egg to meat and vegetable mixture, and combine – being careful not to over mix
(recommended to use your hands)
- Combine seasonings (salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, onion powder, oregano) and bread crumb. Add to meat and vegetable mixture.
- Using a 2 oz cookie scoop, drop uniform size meatballs onto lightly greased nonstick baking sheet.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until internal temperature of each meatball = 175*F
- Serve with rainbow spaghetti and your favorite sauce, enjoy!