Tuna Noodle Salad - it's like regular tuna salad but with a twist 😉 Super quick and easy to throw together and you might even already have the ingredients at home. We prefer to serve ours over a BIG bed of greens like fresh spinach, baby kale or arugula.
OPN Conversion: (serves 4) 1 heaping cup = 1 protein + 1.5 starch + 2 fat
- 4 oz shell pasta (whole wheat or @banza for extra protein)
- 2 cans white albacore tuna, packed in water, drained
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, boiled in water, then drained
- 1/4 cup light or avocado oil mayo
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Smoked paprika, to taste
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain then rinse under cold water.
- Cook peas, according to package. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a large bowl add chopped onion and celery, peas, cooked pasta, and drained tuna.
- Mix in mayo and Greek yogurt. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Taste, adjust as needed adding a bit more mayo or seasonings.