OPN Conversion: 1 taco= 1 starch + 1/2 protein + 1 veg + 2 fat + 1-2 condiments
- One package @lightlifefoods plant-based ground (or swap for ground turkey)
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Juice from 2 limes
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup english cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp agave
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated/minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbsp ground fresh chili paste (depending on heat preference)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- 4-6 whole wheat flour tortillas
- Combine cabbage and carrots in a bowl, toss with lime juice, season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine cucumber slices, agave, 1/4 cup rice vinegar and a dash of red pepper flakes.
- Cover both bowls, transfer to fridge for 20-30 min.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add @lightlifefoods plant-based meat (or ground turkey) and cook until browned then transfer to plate.
- Add a bit more oil or spray with cooking spray and saute garlic and ginger. Stir in the chili sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, and remaining rice vinegar. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add meat back to pan and stir until coated. Add meat, slaw and cucumbers to tortilla and top with sprinkle of sesame seeds.