If you're looking to incorporate tofu into your meal plans, try this recipe that is anything but boring! Tofu takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with, and this sweet chili lime sauce is flavorful, easy to make, and lower in fat and calories than traditional take out!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
OPN Conversion: 1/2 protein + 1 starch + 1 vegetable + 2 fat + 2 condiment
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed or air fried
- Sat, pepper & garlic powder, to taste
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 - 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
- Remove tofu from package, wrap it in a few paper towels and press between two plates with something heavy on top for 30 min.
- Once tofu is pressed, cut into cubes, transfer to bowl, toss in 2 tsp olive oil, season with salt & pepper.
- Transfer to air fryer and cook for 20 minutes on 450 or until desired crispness. Remove and transfer to bowl and toss with sweet chili sauce.
- To build the bowls, start with a handful of chopped romaine, add 1/2 cup brown rice, a handful of red bell pepper, 1 cup of broccoli, 1/4 of an avocado and half of the tofu. Sprinkle with some green onion and a squeeze of lime.