If you think eating well means you need to avoid your favorite holiday drinks, think again! We present to you, this soy egg nog drink, lower in calories and fat than the traditional version, and also dairy free!
OPN Conversion - Makes about four 6oz. portions = 1/2 dairy + 1 condiment
- 2 cups soy milk
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients together.
- In a small pot, heat mixed ingredients over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Stir constantly to prevent boiling.
- Cool and store in a covered container overnight.
- Serve with cinnamon. For a frothier drink, blend egg nog before serving.
- Rum, brandy, or bourbon optional.