Did you know salmon contains high levels of omega-3 fats. These fats are responsible for many cardiovascular benefits such as reducing inflammation and contribute to a better cardiovascular health. If you've been looking for a good recipe- look no further!
Makes 2 servings
OPN conversion = 1 4oz protein, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
- 2 salmon filets, approx. 5-6oz raw
- Raw eggplant, sliced, peels on optional
- Raw carrots, peeled and cut in half (You can also use baby carrots!)
- 2 cups raw broccoli, washed and trimmed accordingly
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper, additional spices as desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare and season vegetables, toss with oil
- Spray large baking sheet with cooking spray
- Place vegetables in oven and set timer for 15 minutes
- Place salmon on a baking sheet, season with salt, pepper, lemon and desired spices
- Remove vegetables when timer goes off, add salmon and set timer for 10 minutes.
- Check salmon for doneness and vegetables for the desired texture, enjoy!