- 4 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- calorie controlled cooking oil spray
- 1 tbsp garlic infused oil
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 85g/3oz pitted green or black olives
- 2 x 125g packs reduced fat mozzarella, sliced and drained on kitchen paper
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Spray a large, deep non-stick flameproof frying pan or sauté pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook the chicken on each side for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to low, spray a little more cooking oil into the pan and cook the vegetables for 4-5 minutes, stirring until softened. Add the garlic infused oil and cook for a few seconds.
- Pour in the tomatoes. Stir in the tomato purée, oregano and olives. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and add the chicken. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Season to taste.
- Preheat the grill to its hottest setting. Top the chicken and sauce with the sliced mozzarella. Sprinkle with ground black pepper. Place under the hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
OPN Conversion: 1 protein + 1 dairy + 1 vegetable + 2 fat + 1 condiment