- 4 Chicken Sausage links (precooked), sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Bell peppers, diced
- 1 C grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup brown rice, uncooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a sauce pan, add brown rice.
- Stir, reduce to a simmer, and cover.
- Cook for about 20 min or until water has evaporated.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan on medium.
- Add onions and salt, cook about 3 minutes. Add peppers and tomatoes and sauté on medium for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken sausage, and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, until sausage is browned.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
OPN Conversion: 1 Protein + 2 Fat + 1 Vegetable +1 Starch