When you're in the mood for fries or want the perfect side for your burger but don't want the extra carbs and fat, look no further than this air fried recipe- so good, you'll forget they're actually carrots!
OPN Conversion: 4 oz = 1 veg + 1 fat
- 1 lb (5-6 medium) carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or pinch garlic powder)
- 1 pinch fresh cracked black pepper, optional
- Sea salt, to taste
- Wash and dry carrots, remove tops and cut in half. Then cut each half in two to create a flat surface. Then cut 2-3 strips from the larger end and 2 strips from the small end.
- In a medium size bowl, add carrots, olive oil, garlic and seasonings, toss to coat.
- Add carrots to air fryer basket and air fry at 350 for 16-20 minutes, shaking halfway through.