This classic minestrone soup has the cozy feels all over it. Plus, it's awesome for meal prep because it makes at least 6 servings! Serve it alone or dress it up with some fresh parsley, shredded Parmesan and/or fresh toasted bread. Mmmmm, we're already ready for another bowl.
OPN: 1 1/2 cup = 1/2 protein + 1 starch + 1 vegetable
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced or quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, more if needed
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can great northern beans, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup small shell or elbow pasta (@eatbanza works great)
- 1 heaping cup russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook until tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add veggie broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano and basil and bring to simmer. Stir in beans, green beans, potatoes and pasta.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.