The only way to follow a healthy lifestyle long-term is with B A L A N C E. A cookie here and there isn't going to be the end of the world, it's more about not going overboard AND not over-restricting yourself. Keep working towards balance (and maybe make space for a cookie in your day if you really want one 🙃)
Recipe adapted from@holyhealth's Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
OPN Conversion: 1 cookie = 2 fat, 1 condiment
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, room temp
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more sea salt for topping
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg, oil, sugar, peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Add almond flour, baking soda and salt, mix thoroughly to combine. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat (we use Mrs. Anderson's non-stick silicone baking mat; it's the best).
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to place dough 2-in apart. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Remove and sprinkle with sea salt.