If you've got overripe bananas, it might be the perfect time to bake up your own loaf of banana bread! This is perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon treat!
OPN Conversion: 1 1/4"slice = 1 starch + 1 fruit + 2 fat
- 3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (can sub white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + a handful more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat your oven to 325 F. Grease and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In a another bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, maple syrup and brown sugar. Add in mashed banana, then eggs, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Fold in dry ingredients, then chocolate chips. Pour batter into loaf pan, spread even and top with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until top is golden brown and if you insert a toothpick it comes out mostly clean (a few crumbs is ok).
- Store at room temp in sealed container.