Craving takeout? We've got you covered with this Cauliflower Chickpea Tikka Masala. 10/10 would recommend. Pairs perfectly with rice, naan or extra veggies on the side.
Conversion: 1.5 cup = 1/2 protein + 1 starch + 1 vegetable + 1 fat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 head cauliflower, rinsed, chopped and steamed
- 1 can tomato puree
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, cook for 2 minutes then add garlic and ginger, continue cooking until soft and fragrant.
- Mix in seasonings and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked cauliflower, chickpeas, tomato puree and coconut milk.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Serve with desired sides or alone.